At the start of January, we embark on a mission to become the best version of ourselves. Being your best self means living authentically. To be your best self, you must stay true to you and your values. It’s important to do what brings you a sense of happiness, purpose, and meaning. This journey can be turbulent and is occasionally messy, but in the end, when there’s consistency, we uncover what it’s like to live in authenticity.
We’d like to share a few ideas to help you start 2023 off with a bang but most importantly have fun and stay consistent throughout the year to truly discover that version of yourself you know is in there.
- Create a vision board - Creating a vision board is a great way to start the new year and kick start your motivation. Grab some old magazines and cut out images that inspire you and the accomplishments you'd like to achieve this year. Keep your board somewhere youcan see it to motivate your mood all year round.
- Say YES! - If in the past you feel like you have missed many opportunities due to hesitation, make sure to set a goal of saying ‘Yes’ more often. While being cautious is one of the key elements for survival in the real world, saying yes to opportunities and taking risks can open new doors! So change up your strategy and just say yes next time an opportunity comes up.
- Quit a bad habit - Now is the time to take the first step and bring your desires to life! Start the year fresh by leaving all of your bad habits behind and becoming a better version of you. When you mentally overcome your hurdles and learn how to control your desires, you will feel like your capabilities are endless!
- Pamper yourself - A new year is a new start so in order for it to be fresh, you absolutely must pamper yourself a little bit. Change your hair color if that’s something you’ve been wanting, invest in that must-have piece you’ve been eyeballing the whole month or simply try out a few homemade facials or hair masks. Oh, and don’t forget a long, soothing bubble bath with your favorite candle either!
- Do something creative - Find a peaceful place for meditation if you’re suffering from a lot of stress, read a new book or maybe an old classic if your profession requires quick thinking and creative responses or simply enjoy something you used to love but haven't done it in a long time.
How will you create a lasting change to become your best self? Happy New Year!